PH MIRACLE: THE ALKALINE REVOLUTION WITH SHELLEY YOUNG
PAGE 2 of 3
TCM: Most people get overwhelmed with where to even start on a alkaline diet. Can you give some pointers?SY: “Sure!
1. Start by drinking alkaline water. Ideally, the pH should be around a 9 pH. Many water manufacturers are now listing their pH on the their labels. We have drops that can be added to any water making it more alkaline called PuripHy drops that you can order on the website. We recommend drinking one liter for every 30 lbs of body weight a day.
2. Start adding chlorophyll to your ‘structured’ pH water in the form of greens. We feature our Doc Broc Greens and our pH Miracle Greens that are low heat dehydrated and electrically charged for optimum life force. We also recommend liquid chlorophyll which can be found in our product line, also on our website. Just by doing these two things, people can notice a big improvement in their energy and health.
3. Ween yourself off of highly acidic foods such as meats, dairy, baked goods and fermented foods, and make substitutions like use lemon or lime juice instead of vinegar and liquid pHlavor Salt instead of soy sauce.
4. Eat more vegetables in the way of salads, green smoothies and soups… the greener, the better! Use asparagus, kale, parsley, broccoli, celery, spinach, green peas, sunflower seed sprouts, just to name a few.”
TCM: Do you recommend Raw Foods? Cooked foods? Going vegan?SY: “We call ourselves Alkarians, which we consider to be a notch-up from Vegans!
Our diet is high in vegetables, especially chlorophyll-rich ones, and healthy fats like avocados, almonds and coconut.For the most part, our meals are raw, with some foods that are dehydrated. People who prefer a little bit of cooked food on our pH Miracle program follow our 80/20 rule. 80% raw, 20% percent mildly cooked or steamed food, like a steamed quinoa or buckwheat, or a sprouted wheat tortilla.”
TCM: What does your personal day look like from start to finish?SY: “Arise and SHINE!
Exercise with deep breathing: either running through our 40 acre avocado ranch or a Younga yoga class.
Breakfast consisting of fresh green veggie juice mixed with a little almond milk called green milk, cut up red ruby grapefruit slices and a green smoothie shake: spinach, avocado, cucumber, coconut, grapefruit juice, salt, ice
Work with clients and patients at our pH Miracle Center in beautiful Valley Center, CA.
Lunch – usually pureed veggie soup, big salad and vegetable side dishes such as raw pates.
Snacks – pH Miracle Kale Chips, pHlavored Nuts, dehydrated veggie crackers, Super Soy Pudding, coconut shake, Seaweed sheets.
Work, followed by family time, reading, writing, speaking, art, teaching, travel, etc.
Dinner of veggie loaf, or veggie stir-fry, soup and salad. I may have tofu occasionally. Other entrees would include: curry coconut crepes, veggie lasagna, veggie tacos.
TCM: What’s your guilty food pleasure?SY: “Hm… I guess that would mean guilty as in ‘going off’ my program? That happens rarely, but when in Rome, I do have the gelato. Those guys are masterful at that cool and creamy stuff! And then I go right back to alkalizing and energizing the very next day!”
TCM: For new parents out there who would like to feed their kids an alkaline diet, can you recommend a healthy & tasty recipe for kids?SY: “Yes! The great thing about our alkaline diet is that we puree our shakes and soups, making them smooth and creamy, which is a texture kids like. (Sometimes they don’t want chunky veggies!)
Kids Actually love our AvoColada Shake made with coconut palm sugar, which is made from the sap of coconut blossoms. It’s high in minerals and has a low glycemic index for diabetics. You can find this recipe in our new pH Miracle book, updated and revised or go to our website’s video section and see our demo of our Limely Love Shake with my little granddaughter Isabeau Rose. She loves it!
Also, I make a pudding for kids young and old alike:
Super Soy Pudding:
- 2-3 avocados
- 1 cup fresh silky almond milk
- 2 inch piece of fresh ginger
- 2 limes peeled
- 2 scoops Super Soy Sprouts powder
- 2-3 TBs of Coconut Palm Sugar OR 1/2 tsp. raw green Stevia powder to taste
- 8-10 ice cubes
Whip in Vita Mix or blender until smooth and glassy. Serve immediately.”